16th June 2021
National Patient Safety Poster Competition 2021
including: Quality Improvement (QI), Education and Innovation projects
The competition is now closed for new entries
Thank you for your interest, we have had a very large number of entries this year and so cannot extend the deadline.
The pandemic has necessitated new approaches to the provision of medical care in unprecedented circumstances. We invite you to share QI projects and projects that encompass learning during this time.
We have up to 100 poster places at our online conference. Successful entries receive:
We welcome entries including from: junior doctors, nurses, midwives, consultants, AHPs, GPs, medical students and those working in care settings
View PDFs of posters presented in 2020 click here
Prizewinners from our 2020 online conference and judges' comments here
Workshop slides How to make a success of your QI project click here
Terms and conditions:
1. It is the author’s responsibility to obtain all requisite permissions to release information presented in the competition entry and poster.
2. By entering the competition you are giving permission to publish your entry and your name and names of co-authors.
3. If your entry is accepted you are to create a poster (A1 portrait PDF) that will made available to judges before the event and delegates to view during and after the conference. You must also create two PowerPoint slides to accompany a 2-minute presentation to a live session audience on the day of the conference. Email your poster PDF and slides to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th May 2021 latest.
4. On being short-listed, the poster author must pay their discounted delegate fee of £159 by credit card and attend to have their poster judged. These payment conditions also apply to co-authors who choose to attend. Poster presenters must pay for their places by 30 April at the latest.
5. Having shown your poster elsewhere is not a barrier to entry.
6. Delegates need access to Chrome or FireFox Browsers to access the online event platform effectively.
7. One presenter cannot present more than one poster. If a second poster is accepted, then a co-author will need to present that poster.
Please note, submission of a poster is not a delegate booking. You will need to complete the booking form and pay for your delegate place to attend the conference.